1. Change the sentences as in the example.
e.g. Mona’s hair is shorter than yours.
Your hair is longer than Mona’s.
1. My car is slower than Hermione’s.
2. Donald is older than Jerry.
3. Patrick’s English is worse than Adam’s.
4. My room is smaller than yours.
5. John is taller than Alex.
2. Complete the sentences using the
suitable comparative forms of the
adjectives in the box.
heavy small cheap
healthy fast wet hot
1. An elephant is than a mouse.
2. Salad is than chips and pizza.
3. A jet plane is than a helicopter.
4. A pond is than a lake.
5. The weather in winter is than it is
6. The Sahara Desert is than the North Pole.
7. An old bike is than a new
3. Complete each sentence using a comparative adjective and than.
1. He has got a lot of money. She doesn’t have much money.
2. My brother is 16 years old. My sister is 18 years old.
My brother .
3. Backstreet Boys is a good band but U2 is really good!
4. These blue pullovers are £ 20 but those green ones are only £ 15.
Those green sweaters
5. My stereo is loud but Mike’s is very loud.
Mike’s stereo .
6. The Wastes’ car is old but the Greens’ car is really modern.
The Wastes’ car .
4. Make comparisons.
1. My house / big / your house
2. The plane / fast / the train
3. The train / slow / the bus
4. The bus / cheap / the plane
5. The train / safe / the bus