QUIZ ( UNIT 4)
CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER
1. I ______ chess when they ________ the door.
a) was playing / were knocking b) was playing / knocked c) were playing / knocked d) played / were knocking
2. Where ______ you yesterday?
a) were b) is c) did d) are
3. When the baby _________ , she ________ a meal.
a) cried / cooked b) cried / was cooking c) is crying / was cooking d) was crying / cooked
4. My grandma ________ sing a song when she was young.
a) can b) can’t c) could d) must
5. I ___________ speak English when I was 7 years old but now I __________ .
a) couldn’t / can’t b) couldn’t / can c) can’t / couldn’t d) can / can’t
6. ________ they were driving to Ankara, their car broke down.
a) while b) when
7. Şermin was walking to school ________ she found a wallet.
a) while b) when
8. Don’t work too hard. You should ______ work and pleasure.
a) dream b) become c) balance d) stop
9. I am bored. Shall we go to the ________ park?
a) care b) cream c) experience d) amusement
10. Seeing an airplane in your _______ means you’ll get a promotion.
a) dream b) sleeping c) life d) book
11. As I __________ the dishes, I broke a glass.
a) was washing b) washed c) was washed d) wash
12. “See you later.”
a) Expressing surprise b) Saying she isn’t following c) Asking for attention d) Closing the conversation
13. “Then what happened?”
a) Closing the conversation b) Maintaining the conversation d) Expressing surprise d) Saying she isn’t following
14. If you see an amusement park in your dream, it shows the need to __________ some time for leisure and enjoyment in your life.
a) balance b) prevent c) mean d) spend
15. The expression “was chasing” is happening in the ______________ .
a) present b) past c) future
16. The expression “when he cut his finger” is a ________ action.
a) continuing b) sudden
17. The expression “I can’t speak German” shows __________________ .
a) ability in the present b) ability in the past c) asking permission politely d) polite request
18. Theexpression “Could I leave early, please?” shows _______________________ .
a) ability in the past b) ability in the present c) polite request d) asking permission in a very
19. A) What was John doing at 4.00 o’clock yesterday afternoon?
B) He ___________ at four o’clock yesterday afternoon.
a) watched b) were watching c) was watching d) is watching
20. What were the students doing when the teacher ____________ ?
a) entered b) was entering c) enter d) was entered
Yeni sayfanın içeriği